Tuesday, April 25, 2006

whew--it's been a while.

I really don't know what i meant by that line but it seems appropriate. Perhaps I'm trying to treat my blog as an old friend who I just ran into at the 24Hour Diner at 1:30am. So i'm fighting that and instead saying hey...blog...you is my beeyatch. i don't owe you nuffin.

Let me begin with some thoughts on absinthe.

The green fairy...Oscar Wilde once said "after the first glass, you see things as you wish they were. after the second, you see things as they are not. after the third, you see things as they really are...and that is the most horrifying experience of all".

and its hangovers are killers. leaving you longing for the good old days of mere headaches and listlessness. you wake up 4 or 5 times throughout the night and roll over...or, rather, think you roll over...but quickly realize you're still in the same spot. rather disorienting.

All that being said, now you know the state of mind i'm in right now. I suppose i should say that it wasn't thujone-infused absinthe. I know, i know, kind of deceptive to talk about it and only be drinking the "pussified" legal kind...but still it's strong as anything, mixed with sugar which opens the capillaries and hits you harder, and there's...just something else there.

Okay okay. enough about absinthe. there are more pressing matters here

like...uhm...well there's that...wait...wait, no...

ok so maybe nothing on my mind is all that pressing so i'll bring you up to date with my life.


  • Soon to begin playing a once-a-week jazz gig at this Swanky-as-hell steakhouse in the historic district.
  • Single now...look out ladies...haha right....
  • Soon to begin a weekly-update webcomic type thing. Updates to come.
  • CD to be out soon for my band No Cats in America. Updates to come.
  • Updates coming...updates to come.

That's about all for now. I'll leave you with this quote that's been running in my head ever since Easter and i've for some reason been bombarded by religious B.S.

"When the pain is great enough, we will allow anybody to play doctor"

now...how many churches do you see in destitute neighborhoods?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home